Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Twilight Breaking Dawn: Book by book Comments

Well what to say about Breaking Dawn, first off it was bloody long! I think in this book there was a lot of info that wasn't necessarily needed or wanted. The first chapter almost made me stop there, it was so boring and she could have slipped in almost any other chapter the fact that she had this super strong, tank can't wreck it car, we didn't need page after page about it lol
As for the rest of the story, I enjoyed it immensely. I loved the wedding, it brought me to tears. There was so much love at that ceremony, and not just from Edward and Bella, but from both sides of their families. Everyone was so excited, and Bella was so nervous but ready and sure about marrying Edward, and that is what it is all about. I loved Charlie's sincerity in the book, he was there for her all the way through and promised he would be no matter what, who knew just how hard a promise that would be to keep. I am a little unsure of the whole half-vampire half-human child though, as it doesn't really keep with the whole no bodily fluids concept that was kept throughout the series. I am extremely happy that they were able to have a proper honeymoon and have some time alone with no distractions. Isle Esme seems like a wonderful and beautiful island that I would love to visit someday. :)
Bella shows a brilliant strength once she realises that she is pregnant and considering she never really thought of being a mother or having kids, the fact that she is literally prepared to die for her unborn child is so maternal and heartbreaking that you just can't fault her. I hate that once again she is hurting not only Edward and Jacob now but the whole family including Charlie who is totally unaware what is going on and thinks she is deathly ill but unable to see her to at least say goodbye. The fact he is willing to see her even if she is contagious just goes to show how close they have come over the years, and how much he loves her, it hurt my heart for him.
I was very happy when Bella finally became a vampire, but I must admit I think the fact that she had next to no newborn trouble at all, was a bit out of sorts. I mean the whole way through the series we are told newborns are terrible and unable to control their thirst or thoughts. But Bella, of course just walks right in and without a care in the world bypasses the whole newborn stage in a day, sorry I don't buy that. Superhuman self control or not, I think we were left a little duped by that. I wanted to see a bit if wild Bella, trying to suppress her thirst and behaviour. I was glad that she was able to see Renesmee right away though. Especially with the rate of growth she had, if she had been a normal newborn she would have lost a lot of time with her. That is until they discover that she will live a long life. I was very sad when Alice and Jasper left. I kept trying to come up with a reason as to why they would abandon the family, especially at a time like that, and sadly I had the right answer in my head. My joy when they came back, and with help to stop the Volturi advance was in abundance. I was chuffed, as I knew they wouldn't leave them all to die, but the fact that Bella thought they would, really annoyed me.
Now the imprinting of Renesmee and Jacob...I honestly have to say that I am still not sure about that part. I understand that the relationship starts out brotherly and then progresses to friendly and then once she is older into lovers, but the thought of imprinting on a baby, still kinda makes me shudder. I am glad Renesmee had someone to look after her, who would put his life on the line no matter what, and any time that it's needed without a second thought, and will stay with her forever, but in theory she had that with the whole family and their friends in the end. They all were willing to fight for her, and to make sure she was safe. I don't know it's just a bit strange, but I can handle it :)
The drawback to the book was that there was no fight scene. I was actually kind of hoping there would be, at least a small one. The fact that they just stand there and have a chat, whilst Bella shields everything was a bit blah, but I loved the feeling of support that surrounded them from all sides.
I was so happy at the end though when they finally got their happy ending. Their forever, at least for now, has started. Who knows what will happen in the future. Maybe Stephenie Meyer will decide to write a follow up series, maybe focusing on the Wolves, or Renesmee and Jacobs story. I for one would read every single one of them. So in case you are reading this SM ...start writing. :)

I will write a better review soon, still lots to catch up on but I will do it soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A little slow on the uptake, but a recent massive fan of all things Twilight!

Followers